Sunday, November 15, 2009

Restaurant Review: Madam Mam's

This is going to be a fun Restaurant Review.  The sad part is this restaurant is in Austin, so it will be a bit of a drive for most of you to get there.  It just might be worth the drive though, because Madam Mam's is the place to go if you want some great Thai food!





We went to the restaurant on a recommendation from Aunt Kay.  She and her sweet family accompanied us and helped us decipher the menu.  Brett and Kasia no talk Thai.





The kids were interested in the live fish swimming around in the huge aquarium above our table.  However, when the food arrived, all thoughts of aquatic life swam away, and the feast was on!





If we had ever been to Thailand before, I'm sure that we would have felt just like we were going back to that place we have never been.  Does that make sense?  Sure it does!  I'm trying to say that Madam Mam's might be really authentic.  Regardless, those fan thingies on the ceiling sure were cool.





I (Brett) got this delicious soup with chicken and green leaves.  I think it was called something like Guay Teaw Nuer Puey.  Or Guaw Wee Not Teen.  Or Noen For Cing tent.  Whatever it's called, it was enjoyable.





The kids devoured the Pad Thai, as you can see from the meaty fist in the picture.  Pad Thai means "Rice from a Thai paddy" In Thai.  Actually, it doesn't.  But the kids sure liked it!





Kasia partook of the masman curry.  She liked it but she LOVED . . .





. . . the Tom Kha, a coconut, lime, and lemongrass concoction.  Exact quote: "I could eat this all day." Party on, Kasia.
 
Some restaurants win, and some restaurants lose, but this restaurant review ends in a Thai.  We love you, Madam Mam.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm laughing out loud right now...all by myself in front of my Christmas tree :) Very clever Brett! You guys sure are cultured! We'll see what culture awaits us in Phoenix in just a few short weeks. That's right...party on!

Kristin Chesnik said...

Glad you had fun! We no speak Thai either...

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, that all looks so good. We've been to Thailand, so you can take us when we come visit.

Did they have mangoes and sticky rice? I could eat that all day.

Quincy Sorensen said...

We would eat anywhere, anytime with you guys.