Monday, August 23, 2010

The Roller Rink

The summer is quickly coming to a close.  How it did fly by, right?  We tried to get out and do some fun family activities this summer.  Ya know, the whole family bonding-creating memories-embarking on adventures-premise.


So we ventured out to Sherman where the rink was having family night.  The whole family got in for $5 and that included skate rental.  We had a blast!!

I was so so proud of my children.  Maisy picked it up pretty quickly and was a little dare devil out on the rink.  Wilson struggled at first, but he stuck with it and conquered those eight tiny wheels by the end of the night.  And well, I think if you asked Ace, he would tell you he liked the video games best.  BUT, he still was a good sport as well.

They played all our favorite pop songs (this place was so family-friendly--no bad language or anything.)  And we sang, danced, and skated the night away.

I must admit, my back was a little sore from holding 3 children up on roller skates all night--BUT I didn't not fall down once.  Brett only wiped out a couple of times, he he.

We all felt like crashing on the floor by the end because we were so tired.  I just kept telling the kids how proud and amazed I was with them.  They came; they looked roller skating in the eyes; and they conquered it head on.  It was great. 

This video is of Maisy doing the limbo out in the middle.  I loved how adventurous she was being.  I know, I know, we are one crazy family! 

6 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamber (more Amber than Jaron) said...

I LOVED roller skating as a kid... we'd skate all over our garage. Good to see the kids are enjoying it as well. You guys are the best!
,Aunt Amber

Amber said...

That looks like lots of fun! Totally reminds me of the dynamics of my family! Lexi LOVES skating, Luke, not so much, and I am just impressed that you got Ace on skates! :) (Although our Nathan does love to put on Lexi's princess skates around the house!). Enjoy the last of your summer!

Kristin Chesnik said...

SOOOOOOO fun! Wish I had those SKILLZ! And $5 family night?--doesn't get better than that!

Maddy said...

I would seriously fall on my face if I tried to roller skate, so I am definitely impressed by their mad skillz!

4sweetboys1princess said...

We love that ghetto roller-rink too!