Thursday, August 21, 2008

Restaurant Review: Hutchins BBQ

It's been a while since we've done a restaurant review, so today I (Brett) will tell you about my FAVORITE restaurant in the Dallas area: Hutchins BBQ in Mckinney.
The rule of thumb with Texas BBQ is simple: The crummier looking the place is, the better the BBQ will be! You can tell from the look of Hutchins BBQ that the food is AWESOME. Now, the front of the building has recently been refurbished, but the BBQ/Catfish sign remains in its original decrepit state, signaling good food inside!

We went a few nights ago with our dear friends from Vegas, the Whipples, and we had a fabulous time. I ordered my usual, the succulent chopped beef sandwich.


My hungry friend Kaid went with the all-you-can-eat platter. He's not very good at holding back when he sees something he really wants.


Kasia got her favorite, the pulled pork, accompanied by a fresh hot plate of fried okra!


The kids were enthralled by the mac and cheese, corn dogs, and fries.


Did I mention that rolls and drinks are included in the price of the meal?


Not to mention free ice cream, banana pudding, and/or cobbler at the end of your meal?


So, while Kaid kept all-you-can-eating . . .


and Maisy licked her second bowl of ice cream clean . . .


And Wilson expressed his newfound lack of mobility . . .


I went off to get the little treat that makes Hutchins BBQ my favorite place to eat in the world. The FREE PEACH COBBLER!

Here's where the magic happens. The cobbler is on the right, under the romantic heat lamp.



Bowl #1


Bowl #2

Needless to say, we left Hutchins BBQ full of food and full of good tastin' memories. If you haven't been to Hutchins, it's time to go!! You'll be glad you did. Comments?

10 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Aw man! I love me some good BBQ! We went to a yummy place in Florida, that I will post about in a few weeks when I actually get around to that part of our trip.
ANYWAY...

Where the heck(scuse my french)is this place!?!?!?!
I NEED to eat there!

yours, hungrily, Amy

Siouxsie said...

This is our favorite BBQ since our original favorite was blown away by a tornado some years back. :-( Their chopped brisket is like candy to me. Our very favorite side dish there, though, is the broccoli slaw. Oh my gosh, I love it so much I would marry it if I was allowed to take a side dish to heaven with me. They're always nice there, too. It's at 380 and Tennessee, just west of Hwy 5. Delicious!!

Kyr said...

This is definitely my favorite BBQ place... ever. They have the best of chopped brisket, and I LOVE their broccoli slaw, I will have to try the peach cobbler next time I go.

Maddy said...

Oh my GOSH! That looks like SO.MUCH.FOOD! I am sick just looking at it. Deep fried goodness. I want some of those rolls and cobbler.

Holly said...

YUMMERS! Nothin like a good bbq!

Steve said...

That looks like some good eats. The next time we just happen to be in the McKinney area, we hope to scarf down some BBQ, Catfish, and Peach Cobbler. Well done!

Jamber (more Amber than Jaron) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamber (more Amber than Jaron) said...

I think Jaron can relate to Wilson's "lack of mobility" ...hence the "Daddy Tradidtion" of laying down and stretching out after meals. We are DEFINITELY going there when we're in your area.

Jamber (more Amber than Jaron) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie Wayne said...

that looks SOOOO good. Brian works at "Texas Road house" and we love the food there. THere is just something about the TExas way of eating....