Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nauvoo Rendezvous: What we did...

So, one might ask himself: what is there to do in Nauvoo? We found many timeless activities...

The first evening we were in Nauvoo, we had the buffet dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo. This is Wilson posing on an antique bench in the hotel. This hotel created a historical ambiance through its many oldfangled pieces of funiture.

After dinner we took a sunset walk to the temple. For the record; Wilson and Zoe--the girl with the brown hair--are "just friends"...best friends. More details to come...

WAGONS HO! We ventured on a wagon ride tour through the city of Nauvoo. It started to rain and Wilson deftly caught the drops as we toured.

Need a Rope? Wil can make you one. We learned how to make them at the Family Living Center. We also learned to make candles, bread, and barrels.
We spent most of our time at the Pioneer Pastimes experimenting with pioneer toys and games.

Maisy fulfilled her life long aspiration of becoming Cinderella. The kids dressed in replica Nauvoo garb while they tried out the various activities and imagined in the psuedo schoolhouse.

Pioneer children sang as they posed and posed and posed AND posed . . .

6 comments:

Justin said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad you could go with your family.

I reunited with my roommates this weekend as well, although it was in a much less historic place (Provo).

Christine said...

We used beef broth in place of the red wine.
good luck!!

Maddy said...

Looks like fun! I'll have to show Ellie the pictures to get her excited for our upcoming trip to Iowa, which always includes a day in Nauvoo. The last time we were there was in the middle of a blizzard, so hopefully the summer heaat and humidity will be more bearable.

J D C and N said...

so this has nothing to do with your wonderful Nauvoo pictures but those cookies were delicious!!! and I'm happy to say the surprise was not exlax! haha You've got to post that recipe. mmmmm.....

shoeaddict said...

Hi, I linked here from Justin's blog (I love movies and tv and the like- I don't know him personally). I love the name Maisy- my cousin is named Mary Maizie, named for both grandmothers and I just love it.
Have a great day!

Kristen

Emily said...

Adorable photos... I love the one of Maisy Cinderella!